When Joseph and Kim first saw their Astoria, Oregon 1918 Arts and Crafts Bungalow, competing emotions swept through them. They recognized the home’s underlying character but worried about the work required to fix a variety of unsuitable modernizations. They particularly disliked the clunky exterior storm windows, and began searching for other storm window options.
A labor of years commenced as Joseph removed the offending carpet, resurfaced the ceilings, and renovated the stairways, porch, and numerous other features. Gradually the home’s original personality began to emerge. But he still needed to find a storm window alternative.
Beneath the storm windows, the original windows were in mixed condition. Joseph replaced broken divided lites with historically accurate pieces of glass sourced from Thorness Glass. The storm windows came off, but the couple worried about the chill that would seep through their liberated windows.
– Joseph, Home Owner, Astoria, Oregon
After they installed the first insert, the couple was immediately thrilled. “The Indow inserts really blend in and you don’t notice them,” Joseph said. “I walked up and looked close to make sure I could still see that wavy glass!”
Kim and Joseph can now enjoy comfort and quiet while enjoying the satisfaction that comes from restoring a historic Arts and Crafts Bungalow to its true, wonderful character.
READ MORE INDOW STORIES HERE:
- Soundproofing Hotel Windows
- Supreme Court Justice’s Home
- Saving Windows in Alcatraz
- Historic College Windows
- Soundproofing Office Windows
- Church Storm Windows – Heating Congregations
- Conference Room Comfort
- In the Governor’s Mansion
- UV Protection for Museums
- Hotel Windows in the Old Town
- Updating Landmark Windows for Soundproofing
- Noise Complaints Fixed by Strategic Hotel Soundproofing
- Hotel Guest Complaints and Resolutions
- Preserving Oregon History with Museum Grade Inserts
We value safety and privacy. We will never share, sell, or rent your data to third parties not directly related to your purchase or consideration of our products. Read our full policy here.