Get Your Free Energy Investigator Activity Book for Kids
Quarantine has brought families together in new ways, often indoors. While this bonding is great, parents need time to themselves and kids need time to satisfy their curiosity. Teaching energy efficiency tips for kids is great because energy is all around us, and chances are your bills could use a little break.
Pass your passion for the planet down to your kids. Saving energy helps secure a safe future for our children. Our Junior Energy Investigator activity book helps with energy efficiency tips, but the best chore chart includes energy saving tasks. This way you instill good habits that help your whole family curb climate change.
Your Pals @ Indow
Did your little investigator find a few ways to save energy around your home? That’s great news! Even the most energy conscious among us can still find ways to improve. Our activity book has energy saving tips for kids, but we have lots of resources available to help parents, too! Take the next step to improving the energy efficiency of your home – your investigator can help!
Solve the Clues of Energy Inefficiency
Once you have all the evidence compiled, you and your Junior Investigator can crack the case and make your home more efficient.
- Read through your Jr Energy Investigator’s findings in the Junior Investigator book together.
- Look at the suggestions below for how to research your next steps.
- Share how you cracked the case on social media! #energymission
29% of energy consumption is used by a combination of lighting, refrigeration, and other home appliances. Although we need those for living comfortably, we can find ways to be more efficient in the way we use electricity.
Jr Energy Investigator Activities (8-12)
- Share the Findings: Have your Jr Investigator share what they’ve learned with the rest of the family. They can show off their knowledge and get the whole family on board.
- Rewards System: The best chore chart includes energy savings. Every time your Jr Investigator does something that saves energy, give them a star to save up for a prize.
- Boardgame: Play a board game with your Jr Investigator to learn more about energy efficiency versus energy inefficiency. The one who saves the most energy wins!
- Wordsearch: Find words associated with energy efficiency.
Sr Energy Investigators (12+)
For the more advanced problem-solvers who want to understand bigger concepts, try these activities:
- NASA’s Weather vs. Climate helps kids understand how climate and energy are related.
- Have your Sr Investigator help plan your next DIY home project. They can apply their new energy-saving skills and feel more involved.