Craig and Shari loved their Portland home with its awesome neighbors and close proximity to schools and restaurants. When their growing family required larger quarters, they decided to add a story to their home rather than move. Their budget limited the family to vinyl windows if they wanted thermal replacement windows throughout the home. They started looking for a window replacement alternative that would keep the cold out.
They wanted to stop the energy loss and high heating bills, but the look of vinyl would not fit with the charm of their 1922 home. They needed to find a thermal window replacement alternative. Their solution: high-end, double-pane wood windows for the second floor addition and Indow window inserts throughout the first floor.
– Craig & Shari Strong, Home Owners, Portland, Oregon.
The condensation that used to steam up the inside of their single-panes has disappeared and the Strongs noticed another benefit, the first floor is now very quiet. They love how walker-friendly the community is, but it’s nice not to hear every conversation as their neighbors stroll by.
When Craig converted the detached garage in their backyard into a studio, he fitted two beautiful recycled single-pane windows and fitted them with Indow inserts. Stories like the Strongs’ warm our hearts. Tell us yours!
READ MORE INDOW STORIES HERE:
- Soundproofing Hotel Windows
- Supreme Court Justice’s Home
- Saving Windows in Alcatraz
- Historic College Windows
- Soundproofing Office Windows
- Inserts for Church Windows?
- Conference Room Comfort
- In the Governor’s Mansion
- UV Protection for Museums
- Hotel Windows in the Old Town
- Updating Landmark Windows for Soundproofing
- Noise Complaints Fixed by Strategic Hotel Soundproofing
- Hotel Guest Complaints and Resolutions