Cheyenne Pepper’s marketing firm, Foto Crush, needed a new home. The search led her to the historic Olympic Mills building, a light-filled, renovated warehouse. It was perfect, except for the noisy train running outside, which put train noise reduction and office soundproofing at the top of her tenant improvement list.
“We do design and photography for clients like Dreamworks, Disney, and Apple and love working in natural light. The office, with all of its windows, seemed perfect except I cringed at the thought of blasting train horns and worried that the windows would be too drafty.”
She told the property manager that she’d take the space if they would take the train noise reduction requirement seriously and budget some funds for an office soundproofing project.
“Acoustic Grade Indow window inserts seemed to be the only solution to insulate the train noise.” Mike Larkin, the Elliott Associates Broker and Property Manager said. “We realized that if we fixed our window problem we could lease the space for market rates… instead of leasing far below market. The return on the investment has been outstanding and we like happy tenants!”
– Mike Larkin, Broker & Property Management, Elliot Associates, Portland, Oregon
Train Noise Reduction Makes a Happy Customer
“The noise reduction is so impressive we put Indow window inserts into the second floor offices for another tenant. They used to have to interrupt their conference calls but after the window soundproofing upgrade they don’t even notice the train noise. We have budgeted to upgrade the entire west side of the Olympic Mills building with Indow window inserts.”
READ MORE INDOW STORIES HERE:
- Soundproofing Hotel Windows
- Supreme Court Justice’s Home
- Saving Windows in Alcatraz
- Historic College Windows
- Soundproofing Office Windows
- Inserts for Church Windows?
- Conference Room Comfort
- In the Governor’s Mansion
- UV Protection for Museums
- Hotel Windows in the Old Town
- Updating Landmark Windows for Soundproofing
- Noise Complaints Fixed by Strategic Hotel Soundproofing