As a night nurse desperate for sleep, Lauren was delighted to learn about a new type of blackout panels that block 100% of light and much of the noise from windows. Lauren would return from a 12-hour hospital shift exhausted and ready to sleep the eight hours she needs to be alert. But it didn’t always come easy. Light filtered through the bedroom’s cellular shades. So did the sounds of garbage trucks and barking dogs.
The couple had their bedroom windows in their 1908 home measured for Indow Sleep Panels, which block 100% of the light and dramatically reduce noise coming through windows. The Sleep Panels are similar to the transparent window inserts Indow sells but instead of clear, these blackout panels are made of a white coated medium density fiberboard. Indow had the answer for Lauren and Brad.
Before installation, the two listened to the din of the city one weekend night: a train, someone pushing a shopping cart, a neighbor’s party. “It’s as if we’re sleeping in a tent”, Lauren told her husband.
– Ben – Home Owner, Portland, Oregon
Even though Brad works during the day, the Sleep Panels have improved his night’s sleep by blocking moonlight, street lamps and noise. As someone who sells medical equipment and attends surgeries, Brad must be alert too.
READ MORE INDOW STORIES HERE:
- Soundproofing Hotel Windows
- Supreme Court Justice’s Home
- Saving Windows in Alcatraz
- Historic College Windows
- Soundproofing Office Windows
- Inserts for Church Windows?
- Conference Room Comfort
- In the Governor’s Mansion
- UV Protection for Museums
- Hotel Windows in the Old Town
- Updating Landmark Windows for Soundproofing
- Noise Complaints Fixed by Strategic Hotel Soundproofing