Indow Museum Grade inserts are UV protection for windows to prevent wood floors, furniture, and artwork from fading, saving you the cost of replacing damaged items. These interior storm windows block 98% of the damaging UV radiation coming through your windows, while providing the comfort and energy savings of Standard Grade. Museum Grade inserts press into the interior of your existing window frames for solar window protection that doesn’t alter your windows.
- Nominal 1/8“ thick acrylic glazing that’s visually identical to Standard Grade.
- Edged in Indow’s patented silicone compression tubing.
- Made in three different colors - warm white, brown and black.
- Available in custom shapes like arches and rounds.
- Virtually invisible when installed.
Museum Grade solar window inserts blend into the surrounding window frame, preserving the look of your original windows while also providing uv blocking so furniture, artwork, books, and wood floors don’t get damaged.
– Scott Sidler, The Craftsman Blog
If you’re trying to block UV light in a commercial setting, please visit our commercial page.
How Indow’s Solar Window Inserts Perform:
- As much as 6% of all sunlight is damaging UV rays. Museum Grade filters out 98% of damaging UV radiation.
- Independent testing shows virtually no reduction in UV filtering over a 15-year period.
Testimonials on UV Blocking Window Inserts
Partners Cord and Alonso, who live in the famed Case Study House #26 in California, purchased Museum Grade inserts to protect their art collection from intense sunlight and UV damage. Because they care about their home’s interior preservation, window inserts were the answer.
Every insert is custom made using our laser measuring system to ensure a precise fit in your window frames. To protect your home and possessions from damaging UV rays, get a free estimate for Museum Grade solar window inserts today.
Each grade blocks drafts and reduces outside noise, but our premium grades have special features to make your existing windows work just right. Click here to read about all the different grades.
Consider the cost and distruption of replacing your windows. The national average for a vinyl window is $66-$87 per sq ft and wooden incased windows average $71-$109 per sq ft.
*Local authorized dealers may charge a measurement and installation fee. Sales tax may apply.