Acoustic Grade is Indow’s premium window soundproofing insert. Reduce outside noise whether it’s from trains, traffic or your neighbor’s barking dogs. Like other Indow grades, Acoustic Grade inserts simply press inside your existing window frames. They seal out drafts and save energy like all Indow window inserts while blocking up to 70 percent of outside noise.*
Acoustic window inserts are superior to other window soundproofing solutions because Indow inserts don’t damage the existing window. Nothing is bolted to the wall. This makes them a great choice for older homes with valuable historic windows, new homes, renters and others seeking window noise reduction who don’t want to alter their original windows.
How do Acoustic Window Inserts Work?
Acoustic Grade Indow inserts act as an extra wall against sound vibrations. The deeper the window frame, the bigger the air pocket between the acrylic insert and the window – and the better the performance. All windows are laser measured to ensure each custom Acoustic Grade insert has a precise fit. They create a tight seal, which is critical since noise also gets in through the cracks around your windows.
Indow’s custom Acoustic Window inserts are:
- Nominal ¼” thick acrylic glazing, double the thickness of Standard Grade.
- Edged in Indow’s patented silicone compression tubing.
- Made in three different colors - warm white, brown and black.
- Available in custom shapes like arches, rounds and eyebrows.
They’re versatile and can be used in a variety of settings such as bedrooms, nurseries, home recording studios, workout/dance/art studios as well as office soundproofing. Churches, yoga studios, government buildings, museums and rental property managers have all used Indow inserts to reduce outside noise. Get creative!
To better understand how sound enters a space, check out our home soundproofing guide.
Testimonials about Indow’s Window Noise Reduction
Maggie installed Acoustic Grade in several rooms to block loud traffic noise. The reduction was dramatic and she loved how she couldn’t even see the inserts.
How Indow’s Window Noise Reduction Performs:
- Reduces noise by 18.9 dBA (a more than 70% reduction when placed over single-pane windows.)
- Reduces noise by 10-12 dBA (a more than 50% reduction when placed over double-pane windows.)
- STC (Sound Transmission Class) Ratings denote how much noise is blocked by walls, windows and other surfaces. Independent studies have shown Acoustic Grade inserts placed over a double-pane windows yield a STC rating of 42-45 and over a single-pane, 26-28.
*Note, overall noise reduction performance depends on how much noise is coming through walls, ceilings, floor, and doors. The window noise reduction will be less when Indow inserts are placed over double-pane windows. We do not recommend Indow inserts for reducing noise coming through laminated glass windows, triple pane windows, or hurricane windows.
Block noise to enjoy quiet and a good night’s sleep. Get a free estimate by filling out the form below.
Each grade blocks drafts and reduces outside noise, but our premium grades have special features to make your existing windows work just right. Click here to read about all the different grades.
Consider the cost and distruption of replacing your windows. The national average for a vinyl window is $66-$87 per sq ft and wooden incased windows average $71-$109 per sq ft.
*Local authorized dealers may charge a measurement and installation fee. Sales tax may apply.